Monday, January 9, 2012

A long waited post!!!!

Wow--my life has been such a crazy one lately...I hope to be able to catch everyone up. First off Im SO sad that I haven't been blogging as much as always-but I can tell you I still read your blogs every day! :) I promise I will be better at blogging!!

I have been waiting SO long to write this post!- I wanna start with where I left off. We were waiting results and hoping for our BFP. I was SO incredibly nervous excited to find out if our second IUI worked. It was 12dpIUI and I was pretty sure it didn't work. I had emailed a couple of my IF bloggers and asked them when they started testing. They ALL said to wait to atleast 12dpIUI. So that night my husband was laying in bed watching tv eating chips and I quietly came in and just layed in bed with him. I kept thinking that I wanted to take a test that night (it was 5pm), but I knew the results could come back negative even if it was postive because it was still so early. (my doctors office requires you to take a HPT and if its positive then they will give you a blood test.) Well I asked my hubby if I should take a test--he quickly said "why not?". I immediately said "are you crazy? It's 5pm and you are suppose to do it at the first morning pee." He looked at me and politely said "Then why did you ask ME". Hmm--thanks for NOTHING! :) So then I said "thats it I'm going to take the test right now" and jumped up and ran to go grab the test from the kitchen(I hadn't put them in the bathroom yet--too tempting to leave in there and NOT pee on them! lol). I was walking to our bathroom and he looked at me and said "please don't--I don't think it worked and I don't want you to be upset". (insert puppy-dog face,poor guy he just doesn't want to listen to the tears anymore,I don't blame him at all!); anywho--I assured him I wouldn't hysterically.sob my eyes out, cry too much if it was negative. I took the test and the room went silent. I walked into the bedroom and he had stopped eating his chips and the tv was on mute(or paused,can't remember). We just stared back at each other for what seemed forever. I told him it had been like 2 minutes and he quickly reminded me that it takes 3 minutes to read!! I was WAY to nervous to wait-so I walked into the bathroom and looked at the test...I walked back into the bedroom with my mouth covering my jaw and my eyes were the size of cantelopes. He said "what does that mean"...the next words changed my life forever.......OMG-it.worked!!!!!!!!!!!! :) We cried for what seemed hours! It was the most wonderful thing ever! I couldn't have asked for a better moment!! We found out on Oct. 28th that we were going to be parents! :) Thank you everyone who has prayed/called/texted/emailed!! I seriously could NOT have gone through this with out you! I can't believe we won the fight against infertility!!
Im so sorry I didn't post this earlier--but I wanted to wait until second trimester!! :)

Here's the our life through bullet point until I update:
**Our due date is July 9th--my birthday is July 3rd so I could possibly have the BEST birthday gift ever!
**We went for our first ultrasound when I was 6 weeks2days and the baby already had a heartbeat! :)
**We have named our bundle of joy...miracle. (original huh?-lol)
**We find out what we are having next month! :) eeeeek!!!
**I am 14 weeks today.
**I passed my early glucose screening!! :)
**We hit second trimester people!!!!!!!!!!

Again thank you for all the love and support we have recieved for the past 2 1/2 years as we were fighting for our little miracle--and now in just 6 months we will meet our little miracle!! AHHHH!! :)


*I will try to update with the rest of the stories/weeks as time goes on!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you finally posted the update! I was wondering when I'd get to congratulate you publicly. :) congrats on being in the 2nd tri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH wonderful news! So happy for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete